Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme called Saturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. The biggest difference is that Sam enjoys our participation. All of Sam’s questions and writing are in bold.
1. When was the last time you lost your temper with someone?
It was last night at a bar. This may surprise you, but sometimes you run into drunks at bars. So it was twelve hours, five minutes and 23 seconds ago.
2. What was it about? He thought it was disrespectful to ask his girlfriend her favorite sex positions.
3. Were you totally right or totally wrong?
I was making small talk. And the DJ was playing that
Bloodhound Gang’s “Bad Touch” tune. You know it’s the song that says, “You and me baby are nothing but mammals. Let’s do it like the do it on the Discovery Channel.” My conversation was totally right in a contextual sense. Although perhaps when I asked about her oral sex techniques I might have crossed the line. So within this narrow context I was probably totally out-of-line.
4. If wrong, how long until you realized it? If right, how long until the other person realized it?
When someone starts swinging punches at you, it crosses your mind that perhaps you were a bit wrong. Or at the very least, had not totally thought through the situation. His girlfriend standing up for me by trying to calm him down was a nice touch, though.
5. Did you go a lengthy of time without speaking?
So far it has been twelve hours, five minutes and 23 seconds. Do not bet the ranch that we will make up and bond.
6. Who made the first move?
Out the door? I did. It is a fucking good thing that I know all the words to Skynyrd’s “Gimme Three Steps”.
7. Do you feel the situation is resolved now? Only in the “I probably shouldn’t EVER return to that bar” sense, yes.
8. Do you ever give in, knowing you weren’t wrong, to keep the peace?
I sure wish that I did last night. But in all fairness, how could I possible have foreseen that this dude would feel that discussing blowjobs with his girlfriend was in bad taste?
9. Was there permanent damage even though you’ve made up? Stay with me here, Sam. Making up to this guy would not be the best option. Call me nuts, but I think the damage was permanent.
We hope when we return that you will join us.
Tomorrow, we will do our
Judd and his Flying Rolandos will join us.
We will return again here at the
WTIT: The Blog.
Same time. Same Blog. Goodnight, Sam.