Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme called Saturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. The biggest difference is that Sam enjoys our participation. All of Sam’s questions and writing are in bold.
We are talking about jobs today. Pick any job of your career. Tell us when and where it was. Then answer today’s Saturday: 9.
1. Tell us which job your are telling us about, and when you had it. I was the man on the flying trapeze from 1989-1991.
2. Where do/did you work? All over. The circus traveled throughout the country. The job did have its ups and downs.
3. Tell us about that boss. My boss was the clown. It is not easy to play the clown when you are running the circus.
4. Do/Did you find your work creative?If yes how? Oh yes. I was a real swinger.
5. Tell us about your favorite co-worker. Hands down it was the Tattoo Lady. She was hot! I still laugh about our first date. I went into her tent and said, “Take off your clothes. I can’t wait another minute.” She looked confused and said, “Bud, They are off.” I felt rather stupid confusing tattoos and clothes.
6. Tell us about the biggest jerk in that job. It was the fucking snake charmer. If he didn’t like you, he’d leave a “pet” in your bed. He was SO out-of-control. And for no good reason. After all, he only caught me with his wife three or four times. Give me a break. The guy had NO sense of humor.
7. Where do/did you see yourself with this job in five years? I would have been dead. If it wasn’t for valium I couldn’t do the job. I hate heights.
8. Tell us about your commute. There was no commute. My tent was next to the snake charmers, surprisingly enough. The first time I was with his wife was by accident. She had been out drinking with the bearded lady and stumbled into my tent. When the drink fog lifted she said she should have realized she was in the wrong tent. She was having way too much fun. Go figure.
9. What hours of the day do/did you work? The circus was a three-hour event. Our act was thirty minutes. It was a lot of fun till the doc stop giving me the valium. Then I realized, “This is way too high up. A fucker could kill himself!” I liked getting high, but that was stupid!
After a radio, nightclub and television career of over 25 years,we still write and perform comedy with essentially the same group of guys that we started with over 50 years ago. We began as WTIT: Tape Radio and have kept the moniker ever since. We did comedy using this "WTIT Tape Radio" station as the backdrop. it is also a journal of a group of friends done in a radio morning show format playing the music of the era. We have every recording. We interviewed our girlfriends before “The Prom” or whatever. We shared growing up, getting married and having kids on WTIT. Later it was stories of divorces, new wives or girlfriends and grandchildren.
If you’re here for a laugh, we hope you enjoy your visit. If you’re here because of a cosmic accident where all of the web except this blog has gone, then we simply apologize. To learn more about WTIT visit WTIT.net. (View my