Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme called Saturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. We are not sure why she included us, but she did. And we are glad she did. All of Sam’s questions and writing are in bold.
1. What are you doing special this weekend for Labor Day? Yes. But please keep it a secret. The French twins are having a high school reunion from their all-girls prep school. Bridget and Monique are hosting the “after party” in their unit next door. Just call me neighborly. Since I am invited, I am obligated to show up tonight. I am honored to have been asked and to serve.
2. What was your best vacation this past summer? Oh, those two weeks on the southern coast of Rakitastan were very special. Yes, we were a bit close to the never-ending Iraq war, but the King of Rakitastan is such a great host. In particular, he loves Tape Radio DJs. OK; I did lose this entire question. It won’t happen again. Today. I hope.
3. Did you do anything special for the 4th of July? Yes, I took emergency first aid courses in the morning. Then, I graduated in top three of my student surgery classes. But doing my first operation with a day of training did have some drawbacks. But I guess it’s not like that moron should have a fourth child anyway. And I did save a bag of ice from melting once. And it was during Happy Hour!
4. What did you do special for Memorial Day? I had a special meeting with my hot housekeeper. I’m not one to complain, but her husband is tightly wound. His suspicions of a sexual relationship between his wife and I is just simple paranoia. We are very careful not to get caught at it. We’ve covered our tracks TOTALLY! Where does he get off? Some people, you know?
5. How was the weather?Tell us where you live and how the weather was as compared to summers’ past. You got to be fucking kidding me. A weather report? That’s the best you can do? This is only question five. Are you going to go for the “boxer or briefs” debate next?
6. Did you discover a new favorite summer drink? Yes. Smirnoff. It makes incredible Wild Blueberry Stirrings martinis. 5 out of 5 people preferred Stirrings Mixers over having to actually learning a fucking drink recipe.
7. Did you enjoy this summer’s Olympics? I watched the final men’s basketball game. It was a tight game. I watched not one minute more. But I did hear that Michael Phelps is hosting Saturday Night Live. He is one cool dude. And maybe the “not knowing when to quit while you’re ahead thing”, he will grasp in his later career. You know in his future ad campaigns he’ll be doomed to explain who he is before he pitches a product for ED.
8. I am from New England (Rhode Island). Lobster rules supreme in the summer. Is lobster part of your summer ritual? I am from Connecticut. Lobsters are not ritual. Neither would they be Queens or King. But since you asked, our lobster night on vacation was a lot of good eating. And I would agree that lobster is required during the summer. But Sam, keep in mind, that in Connecticut a Tape Radio Station can also rule supreme. WTIT has only been the top Tape Radio source since 1967.
9. What was the best single day of your summer? The night my neighbor’s wife was out of town. I thought, “I hope this dude takes advantage because his wife is not a one man woman.” So sure enough my neighbor Derek paid for some for some local talent. You would hope that said talent might know the difference between unit #303 and #305. Boy was he pissed when he figured out they were over here. “My wife is one thing, Bud. But my ‘tutes? Man you are the lowest.” I felt bad for at least a minute. Since I was on a bit of a roll, I decided I should play megabucks and Powerball tomorrow. It is sort of a what I like to call “financial planning at its best…”
After a radio, nightclub and television career of over 25 years,we still write and perform comedy with essentially the same group of guys that we started with over 50 years ago. We began as WTIT: Tape Radio and have kept the moniker ever since. We did comedy using this "WTIT Tape Radio" station as the backdrop. it is also a journal of a group of friends done in a radio morning show format playing the music of the era. We have every recording. We interviewed our girlfriends before “The Prom” or whatever. We shared growing up, getting married and having kids on WTIT. Later it was stories of divorces, new wives or girlfriends and grandchildren.
If you’re here for a laugh, we hope you enjoy your visit. If you’re here because of a cosmic accident where all of the web except this blog has gone, then we simply apologize. To learn more about WTIT visit WTIT.net. (View my