Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme called Saturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. We are not sure why she included us, but she did. And we are glad she did. All of Sam’s questions and writing are in bold.
1. What is your job and do you like it? In the big picture, I do God’s work. My mission is to keep Massachusetts safe from sobriety. I sell alcohol to liquor stores, or as they call them in New England, “package stores”. Do they call them that anywhere else? I have no idea.
2. What to you do to unwind after work? First I go through my daily exercise routine. Luckily, I get enough of exercise by just pushing my luck. And, keep this under your proverbial hat, but on rare occasion I might have, say, a Smirnoff rocks to say hello to the nighttime.
3. Who have you known the longest of your friends? That would be Johnnie Walker. I had no idea who he was when we met. We were recording a WTIT Tape Radio show in June of 1968 and Killer Joe told us that he had gone to watch his former little league team. So did Johnnie, who played on the same team. They hadn’t seen each other in five years. Joe brought Johnnie to record. It was instantly as though he always was there. He and I are the only original five that still record.
4. Who do you go to for advice? You probably would not expect me to say this but I know a tarot card reader who can be a real picker upper. Okay, even I admit that that was lame. Generally, if I feel the need to talk, I chat with the French twins upstairs. They are both incredible listeners. And very empathetic. They have a way of taking your mind off your problems.
5. Not counting your current relationship, how many times have you been in love? How many grains of sand doth the beach have? And the amount of stars in the heavens, is that number known to man? I don’t really know. I am more interested in the next time, if I can be totally frank here.
7. What is the best meal you ate this week? You really want to know which Marie Callander’s TV dinners was the best this week? That is such a personal question.
8. What to you is the most important factor in romantic attraction? The Lust Factor. You cannot describe it since it is different each time. But keeping your hands off is not an option. That is part is the answer, but a man should factor in her net worth. I mean come on. Cash counts.