Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme called Saturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because a prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had retired. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. We are not sure why she included us, but she did. And we are glad she did. All of Sam’s questions and writing are in bold.
1. What is your favorite thing to do alone? I am working on a movie script, so much of my time is tied up with it. It’s called “George W’s Success Stories”. After much work we realized that we should perhaps film it as a “short subject” category. OK, we concede, so that might be a stretch as well.
2. What is your favorite thing to do with your best friend? Bar hopping. I don’t do it much anymore, but doing it with Harvey Wallbanger is always a fucking riot because he is a master of dealing with women. There he is in his element.
3. What is your favorite band? All time: Beatles Last 10 years: Counting Crows Newer: Fall Out Boy
4. What is your favorite song? Sam, are you shitting me? A random song that is sticking in my head recently is by Sister Hazel called, “Life Got in the Way”
5. What is you favorite part of your job? Getting paid. Anyone who says anything else is better is totally full of shit. I love all of my job, so don’t get me wrong. But getting paid is the part of our arrangement.
6. What is your favorite TV show, on now? The set is off now. You see I am at the keyboard of my Sony Vaio, truth be told. I like the new reality show Hopkins about real people working as doctors and other medical professionals at John Hopkins.
7. Favorite TV show all time? Tough call. I’d say M*A*S*H. Best comedy writing ever. Socially relevent.
8. Who is your favorite actor?Morgan Freeman. I started following him from day one. He’s been huge a LONG time now, but I became his first or second fan.
9. What is your favorite film?Casablanca. This could be the start of a beautiful friendship.
We hope that when we return
that you will join us. Although,
we will totally understand
if that’s not happening .
Tomorrow, we do Stealing.
We will rip off some
wonderful person’s meme…
because we can.
Coming Monday here on WTIT:
We will tell the tale of
of my family’s Stadium Farewell.
with the story of Yankee Stadium and our salute on the
WTIT: The Blog.
Same time. Same Blog. Goodnight, Sam.
Bud Weiser - Downtown, Connecticut, United States
After a radio, nightclub and television career of over 25 years, I still write and perform comedy with essentially the same group of guys that I started with over 45 years ago. We began as WTIT: Tape Radio and have kept the moniker ever since. What WTIT is, however, a journal of a group of friends done in a radio morning show format playing the music of the era. We have every recording. We interviewed our girlfriends before “The Prom” or whatever. We shared growing up, getting married and having kids on WTIT. Later it was stories of divorces, new wives or girlfriends and grandchildren.
Just like with any group of friends, people came and left over the years. More than 50 gentlemen have sat around our big round table in what is now a state of the art digital recording studio. We still call it “Tape Radio” because we’re old guys who hate change. This comedy blog has won numerous awards and tells part of the story, but exists mostly to comment on life, politics, music and entertainment as it passed by our virtual window. One of our original guys left in 1985. But in 2013 he returned. So our starting five have three of the creators of WTIT.
Shortly after that on our http://facebook.com/WTITRADIO page we announced when our next recording night would be. Another of the original five had come back to join in. Galloping Gary, our brother, returned (since 1982) to record. The "Galloping Gary Garage Show" returned to WTIT in 2014. So for one special night (the first since 1973), four of the founding five were sitting at our table. The sight where all the guys who came after them had sat.
If you’re here for a laugh, we hope you enjoy your visit. If you’re here because of a cosmic accident where all of the web except this blog has gone, then we simply apologize. To learn more about WTIT visit WTIT.net. (View my