The Funky Meme:
1. Have you ever been in a funk? (ie: a mood)
I’d say I have been funked up, at times I have not given a flying funk, usually I haven’t a funkin’ clue, sometimes I have been just plain funked but never I think in a funk.
2. Describe your first funk. What were you doing when it first came upon you? I was a DJ in a nightclub. The year was 1977. I had only Dj’d rock. Now, I’ve agreed to terms to DJ at the Dialtone Disco Dome. They hollered (or honk ‘n hollr’d) “Play That Funky Music, White Boy!” So, yes I did. My first funk.
3. Do you remember why you fell into a funk in the first place?
The owner of the club said he knew I wouldn’t leave radio to star at his club. After all didn’t radio pay [insert twice what I was making] and he’d only pay me [insert three times my salary.] I spent three years saying, “Good evening and welcome to it. This is the Dialtone Disco Dome. I’m Gary Hunter.
4. How long did you stay in your funk? Three years. Earth, Wind & Fire, KC & his Sunshine Band, Brick House, Donna Summer and the entire Saturday Night Fever soundtrack and Oh, What a Night (December 1963) and Wild Cherry were played.
5. Did you ever do or say anything during your sophisticated pity-party that you regretted? I think if we are not looking forward that we see nothing at all. I do not pity party. I suppress. It makes me more of a challenge.
6. When you feel a funk coming on, is there someone you can call and talk to should you find yourself – Lord forbid – in the throes of a wild funk? What do they say to help you?
Unless they have Smirnoff at the ready then they are totally fucking useless. Or funking useless, I don’t give a rats ass. This meme is putting me in a funk.
7. While in the throes of a proper funk is it best to:
a. Close your eyes and hug trees in the forest til it’s over
c. Throw a hissy fit
e. Have a fling with a passing truck driver
f. All of the above
Passing truck drivers aside, I’d go with b. Although d is a certainty if b is involved.
8. Do you try to put on a happy face while you’re funking? How’s that working for you? I only act if I get paid. So no happy face if I’m not happy.
9. Do you have mood swings? I believe in dance swings, a swing of the bat, a swing in a circus, swinging for the fences, a porch swing, a golf swing, swingers right to swing but I do not mood swing.
10. Has severe funking ever caused you to injure yourself?
If you mean is this funking depressing meme gonna make me harm myself? Only another Smirnoff will the result be.
11. Do you take out your fancy funky frustrations on those you love when you’re in a mood or is it best to be alone and make yourself miserable instead? You are doing Lola here. I am in a slow panic at the disco.
12. If you saw someone having a funky fit in public would you….
a. call the blog police
b. lock up your children
c. offer to drive them to the nearest 12-step program
d. give them your Prozac
e. other suggestions? (and by the way, if you have any Prozac to spare,the address is 2005 Bloggingham Road, Banister, North Carolina)
F. Shoot them. Guns don’t kill people. Funky fits in public kill people.
13. Do you use unorthodox methods for dealing with your funk? Do you…..
a. change your purse
b. use humor
c. scream at the mailman just because
d. redecorate the dungeon cells
e. drink Green Tea
I feel like I am trapped in a meme that I am not meant to be in. Hello? Hello! Anyone out there????????? Green fucking tea???????
14. Did you ever have a funk that lasted more than 7 days. How did you defunkify yourself? I am sorry. I killed myself after the last question. You can ask the rest of it to the executor of my estate…
We promise another post
at some time or another.
We will give it a lot of consideration.
After today we hope you will still return to
The WTIT Blog.
Thanks if you read this today.
We will return. Unless they funk us up.
Same time. Same blog.