Every Saturday WTIT: The Blog brings you a meme called Saturday 9. It’s not to say that this is a bright idea, but it is what we do. A woman named Crazy Sam started this meme because our prior popular Saturday meme specialist Lola had unofficially retired. Her finally post was on February 16, 2008. It garnered no comments. R.I.P. So, Sam contacted all Lola’s participants and invited us to participate in her meme. We are not sure why she included us, but she did. And we are glad she did. All of Sam’s questions and writing are in bold.
1. How long since you have been with your dad? An incredibly long time. It was Thursday night. He’s 83 and sings at piano bars. It is very hard to keep up with him. He does all right with the hot babes as well.
2. How many siblings share your dad? I have a brother and a sister. I am not sure that I actually share him with them. It isn’t like we rotate visits or phone calls.
3. Will you see your dad tomorrow? Yes. But since there will be no Smirnoff involved, it will be easier to keep up with him.
4. Do you give him gifts on Father’s Day? I guess that you feel that just my presence is not enough. But yes I will bring presents with my presence.
5. Have you ever had a tough time in your relationship with your father? Any relationship has its moments. We had a rift once for a couple of months. But that was over two decades ago and at least two wives ago. Not that it had anything to do with any wife of mine. It had no lasting effects on our relationship. My dad is one of my best friends.
6. What was the last thing that you did with your dad? I really should read all these questions first, Sam. At the piano bar he sang Wonderful World, A Kiss to Build a Dream On, You’re Nobody Till Somebody Loves You. He sounds just like Louis Armstrong. I sang Bad, Bad Leroy Brown. There was a difference though, since he can actually sing well. And I sound more like Bob Dylan.
7. Growing up, was your dad tough on you? No. Mom cracked the whip. The few times he got mad I could always crack him. He often walked away after wanting to cover something serious, laughing. I am not sure at that point he even remembered how the conversation started.
8. Are you close to your father? Sam really. Might this question been asked earlier? I know. You were drunk last night so Lola helped to write these. Or maybe you were just drunk. I’ll answer 45 minutes. That’s about how far apart we actually live. But Sam, I hate trying to help you make sense.
9. How long since you have spoke to him? That would be yesterday. I called him about Tim Russert’s passing. We cannot talk about anything thing without eventually joking about it. Towards the end of the conversation I noted that Russert seemed to be putting on weight the last couple of years. And then I added that he probably wouldn’t be gaining any more. It was such a horrible comment, but it is how you handle tragedy sometimes.
We hope that when we come back
that you will be here.
We will return here on
WTIT Tape Radio: The Blog.
But, you don’t have to promise.
Or be faithful. It’s is okay if you read other blogs.
Hi! I'm Bud. I was in a group of friends that starting in high school, record comedy using the premise that we were a radio station that you could only hear in our studio. I was on-air in radio and nightclubs for years. I spent 20 years in radio & TV and retired after 15 years selling liquor. Something in which I believe. I'm a terminally single guy. Not that I didn't like marriage. I tried it. Lots. But I do enjoy this blog. We try to be funny.
If you’re here for a laugh, we hope you enjoy your visit. If you’re here
because of a cosmic accident where all the web except this blog has
gone, then we simply apologize. To learn more about WTIT (Why you would God only knows as Brian Wilson) said from his bedroom) visit WTIT.net. (View my
More on our facebook page. It's http://facebook.com/WTITRADIO.