1. Who was the last person you spoke with? My neighbor’s wife knocked on the door at 9 PM last night. I had gotten up at 5AM to be in Boston for work related training. She explained she had a free hour. I explained that my training was to taste shots of whiskey. I wasn’t leaving my black leather couch. Before she could say, “Then I’ll come in” I closed the door, shut off the lights and went to bed. Kind of what some people do on Halloween.
2. Who was the last person you saw at work? I drove back from Boston with three co-workers. After the whiskey it took a while to “see” anything.
3. Who was the last person to comment on your blog?
A spammer who sells security software. They are getting as frequent as winning the Nigerian lottery. Of course, I will retire win I really win the Nigerian thing, but I will never by the schmuck’s software.
4. Who was the last person that you wrote a post about?
Technically, it was Martin Luther King, Jr. But, I really didn’t write anything, I really commented. The post about my son James’ band So Long Davey!
5. Who was the last person that you emailed? I emailed Hillary Clinton that it was time for her to pack it in and go home. Clever as she is, she responded, “Says you”. When I wrote her back to explain that I would report this incident in the WTIT Blog she wrote back and apologized. She said she was “sleep deprived” like about Bosnia. I told her she was “brain deprived” and called it a day.
6. Who was the last person that you phoned?
I called my dad, Bierne, to see ho
w some medical tests went. He wasn’t pleased with the results. I ran into my brother at work in Boston. (he is President of the liquor company that I work for. YES, it is just a coincidence.) He said my dad was pissed we hadn’t called sooner. My brother said it was a fucking test not an operation. He told Bierne to stop whining or he’d hang up.
7. Who was the last person to give you bad advice? It was the dude who taught the class on whiskey. He said we wouldn’t drink enough to get buzzed. Eight shots? If I ever remember who taught the class, I will set him straight.
8. Who was the last person to give you good advice?
Stephen Stills wrote:
There’s a rose in a fisted glove and the eagle flies with the dove, And if you can’t be with the one you love, it’s alright go ahead and love the one, love the one, love the one your with. Love the one, love the one, love the one your with. If your guy can’t come to you and you don’t remember who your talking to, your concentration slips away. Because your baby, she is so so far away. And there’s a rose in a fisted glove and the eagle flies with the dove and if you cant be with the one you love, love the one your with. Don’t be angry. Don’t be sad. Don’t sit cryin’ for good times you had. There’s a girl right next to you, and she’s waiting for something to do. Turn your heartache into joy. She’s a girl and your a boy. Get together, make it tonight,you ain’t gonna need no more advice. Just love the one your with.
9. Who was the last person that you kissed? I am a lot of things, but first a gentlemen. A gentleman NEVER kisses and tells. Oh fuck it. It was my neighbors wife as I said, “Maybe next time…”
We should have never taken that whiskey class.
We may recover by 2011.
If it is not Smirnoff, we are clueless!
We will return here on
WTIT: The Tape Radio Blog.
We hope that you will join us again.
But, please take all the time that you need to decide.
Same time. Same Blog. Goodnight, Sam.