We try to bring this feature to you every Saturday on the WTIT Tape Radio Blog, this meme that is called Saturday 8. The author for years has been a lady named Lola. While she used to post every week, Lola now has her problems from time to time. So now we can only do the feature if she bothers to post. Lola’s questions often make no sense what-so-ever. We feel it is part of her “charm”. All quotes in bold are from Lola. Also, any spelling and grammar mistakes that are in Lola’s meme, we leave there. We wouldn’t want to mess around with her “art”.
sat-8:: movies and oil
2. the other day i purchased gas for $3.27 per gallon. i about threw up. what is the current gas price in your area? (please specify grade) Lola, if I have to specify a grade for you it would be a fucking “F”. I am sorry. I just had to go for that particular alliteration. Gas Prices: I live in a land between two states. Connecticut gas prices are between 3.30 and 3.65 for regular. In Massachusetts, I paid $2.94 yesterday. Lola, BTW, thanks for the image you placed in our minds of you barfing. That was PLAIN cruel and unusual punishment!
3. sean bean is my lust, and the german actor thomas kretschmann comes in at a close second. who are your first and second actor/actress “loves”? Lola, read this slowly. Are you trying for the world’s record of mentioning fucking Sean Bean in the most questions of an eight question meme? Cuz, I STG will hurl if you do it again. Jill Hennessy (no shit) and Julia Roberts are my “loves”. Ooops, have to run. It’s Julia. Don’t tell what’s-his-face!
5. is there any movie this season that you’re looking to see this during period of priory said holiday beliefs or rituals or naughty stuff, or any books you want to read that are going to be printed & released this winter? tell us about them…Yes it is a movie called “She Once Asked an Intelligent Question”. Or it may be, “She Never Did or Could Ask an Intelligent Question on her Saturday-8 Meme”. What intelligence lacks, there is an over abundance of ego from someone so lost. Besides there’s a pool where I work where on Thursdays we each throw in a twenty and the guy who guesses how many intelligent questions that Lola does ask, grabs all $100 of fake Monopoly money.
6. what is your favourite vacation destination, and why? I will always be greatful for the time I spent in Kenya studying the intimate details the African lion. Seeing in person the slaughter of prey, the smell of napalm in the morning and the slaughter of the pride’s current males by hostile younger and stronger male/males. They seem to like the arrangement. The females hunt for dinner while the mails spend their time marking territory. The males protect the pride. While the ladies hunt once there is a kill the males will always eat first. Can you imagine? It’s either that or “The 13th Annual Holiday Total Naked Volleyball Tournament, Dinner and Dance”. This is a tournament with a lot of balls involved, maybe about, most say, about half the time.
7. have you heard about the sling box? if so, have you purchased/or are you planning to purchase a sling box, and why/why not? Guessing someone’s needs on that level require the wits of William Shakespeare, and a house invasion. I bought my dad this wicked DVD of UConn’s march to the national title in ’04. He still does not own a DVD player. I just can’t decide what DVD to buy him this year. If he wants actually watch the Red Sox Championship DVD, maybe my brother will fork over the 49 bucks to buy that DVD player my dad obviously needs.
8. Are you a good flier? i have problems on takeoff, but landing and flying are no problem. I can hear the announcement: “Ladies and Gentlemen, if you would please stand up while we wait to see if Lola’s gonna do the hurling bit again?” You hear someone say, “You let the bitch on the plane.” HELLO! How many totally whacked jobbed Lolas could there be out in the blogosphere? OK, yea, outside her immediate kinfolk. Oh, and Lola: You are doing great as of late asking hardball, meat and potato type questions. We stare in wonderment.