We hope that you are enjoying your weekend. The WTIT Tape Radio Blog will try to give you a smile. We thought we’d share some of the most interesting questions our friends in the Blogosphere ask us in our “Comments” section. The comments are from posts from August 27 to September 27, 2007. Some have been edited for clarity. All these question are real. Our comments are not the same as those when we originally responded. Comments on our posts we take seriously. In this feature, sorry everyone, we don’t. Reader’s questions/comments are in bold.
1. One of the reasons my fantasy life is so vivid is that I can’t get myself or Bill into the positions pictured in the Joy of Sex anymore. I think they need a revised version like the Joys of Midlife or Geriatric Sex, if I may be so plainspoken. Know where I can find it? Head east from Pennsylvania, Gale. When you get to I-95 head to Connecticut. At Exit 69 there is this shop called “Adult Toys ‘R Us”. Buy the book, a few DVD’s and whatever else looks like fun. Then, you and Bill share a liter of Don Julio Tequila. You might not be any more flexible, but you will think you are. The next morning will be VERY ugly.
2. Concerts are the best, aren’t they?? At the moment, sex with the hot thing who cleans my apartment is the best. Concerts maybe third, but with a bullet.
3.Do you have all that color in the trees already? No. I just painted those leaves in Photo Shop. I was going to do purple and hot pink, but surprisingly it did not look very real. I am still working on that.
4. Naughty, naughty, naughty!! Someone needs a spanking! Not that this was a question, but I never responded to it. Hon, I am free tonight. Unless Jennifer calls. Then when I answer the door just say “I’m with Mary Kay”.
5. Fly me??? Tonight it looks like I could be busy. How’s Tuesday?
6. Uhm, maybe it’s just me but I seem to sense a certain amount of hostility in most of these answers, yes? It is just you. I don’t give enough thought to any of this to be hostile. Peeved twice, but not hostile.
7. I gotta wonder why we all seemed to pick “romance” as one of our genres?? It is because there is nothing stupider. Think about it. Do you really think guys believe in romance? If you answered yes to that and you are a woman: You haven’t a clue about guys. Now if you answered yes and you are a guy: You are either lying because your woman reads your answers to this fucked up blog or you are in need of serious therapy. Or I could be totally wrong, yet again.
8. Any chance of publishing in a larger font? Just curious? I did make the font a bit larger. Gale, “Can You Read Me Now? Good.”
We hope to have helped you get through your day. We cannot thank you enough for stopping by the WTIT Tape Radio Blog. Next time we will be back with even more lunacy. Check it out. That is, if you dare. We will be right here.
Same time. Same blog.
Bud Weiser - Downtown, Connecticut, United States
After a radio, nightclub and television career of over 25 years, I still write and perform comedy with essentially the same group of guys that I started with over 45 years ago. We began as WTIT: Tape Radio and have kept the moniker ever since. What WTIT is, however, a journal of a group of friends done in a radio morning show format playing the music of the era. We have every recording. We interviewed our girlfriends before “The Prom” or whatever. We shared growing up, getting married and having kids on WTIT. Later it was stories of divorces, new wives or girlfriends and grandchildren.
Just like with any group of friends, people came and left over the years. More than 50 gentlemen have sat around our big round table in what is now a state of the art digital recording studio. We still call it “Tape Radio” because we’re old guys who hate change. This comedy blog has won numerous awards and tells part of the story, but exists mostly to comment on life, politics, music and entertainment as it passed by our virtual window. One of our original guys left in 1985. But in 2013 he returned. So our starting five have three of the creators of WTIT.
Shortly after that on our http://facebook.com/WTITRADIO page we announced when our next recording night would be. Another of the original five had come back to join in. Galloping Gary, our brother, returned (since 1982) to record. The "Galloping Gary Garage Show" returned to WTIT in 2014. So for one special night (the first since 1973), four of the founding five were sitting at our table. The sight where all the guys who came after them had sat.
If you’re here for a laugh, we hope you enjoy your visit. If you’re here because of a cosmic accident where all of the web except this blog has gone, then we simply apologize. To learn more about WTIT visit WTIT.net. (View my