2. Did you play any sports?
Besides “Hide the Sausage”? Answer: Football.
3. What kind of car did you drive? A 1965 Mustang convertible. Oh wait. That was my friend Johnnie Walker. I drove a clunker Plymouth Belvedere. Not a babe magnet.
4. It’s Friday night. Where were you? We’d always start out at the WTIT Studio, If we had dates we’d leave to do them. If not, we’d continue recording until we came up with something better. Which meant a lot of times we recorded all night.
5. Were you a party animal? Not a first. I was the last DJ on WTIT to get drunk. It wasn’t that I had a moral thing with it. Everyone drank beer and in spite of my name I am not to this day a beer drinker. One night someone asked if I wanted a screwdriver. I asked what it was. My friend Bull said, “Smirnoff and OJ”. That was the night I got introduced to Smirnoff. Oh night devine.
6. Were you considered a flirt? Not in high school. But I think I’ve made up for it since.
7. Were you in the band, orchestra or choir? Choir one horrible year. All we sang were show tunes. I still cringe when I hear “Oklahoma”.
8. Were you a nerd?
No. I was more known for how many girls I was dating at one time. It went well before they found out about each other. (Group shot on left.) Although, we all got along well!
9. Were you ever suspended or expelled? Close, but no. In public I use to get detentions for talking in class. That school had a rule that 10 detentions equaled a three day suspension. While the Vice Principal was explain this I interupted him. I said, “Look you are talking to me as though I were a bad kid. I talk in class. I’ve spent ten hours paying for that crime. If you want to give me a three day vacation than just do it. But I am not going to listen to another second of how bad I am.” He shut up and didn’t suspend me. Then he called my mother to tell her how much he liked me. I am glad I resisted the temptation to tell him to “fuck himself”.
10. Can you sing the fight song?
I can’t sing “Happy Birthday”, but I am guessing that’s not what you mean. I went to two different schools and no I don’t remember the dumb fucking “fight songs”.
11. Who was your favorite teacher?
At private school I had a Spanish teacher who was a hot shit. He used to call on us to speak spanish on a subject for 30 seconds. The night before this particular day I was reading a Harold Robbins book that took place in South America. I had learned their “swear words”. The teacher called on me and my subject was “Maria”. I stated, “Maria es un puta con tetas muy bonitas, rojas y grande.” It wasn’t even 30 seconds and this teacher fell out of his chair laughing. The class had NO idea what I had said. Oh, it means, “Maria is a whore with beautiful, big red tits.” I got an “A” that year.
12. What was your school mascot? At public school an Indian. At private a “wyvern” which looked like a dragon.
13. Did you go to the Prom? Of course. For ten minutes. Then all the WTIT DJs and I went off to a booze party. It was a lot more fun.
14. If you could go back, would you? No. I am lucky I survived it at all.
15. What do you remember most about graduation? That the private school and I were finally fucking done with each other.
16. Where were you on Senior Skip Day? We did not have one.
17. Did you have a job your senior year? Weekends only. I was a brain surgeon.
18. Where did you go most often for lunch?
Are you for really? Could there be any answer but the cafeteria?
19. Have you gained weight since then? In round numbers, it is none of you god damn business. But thanks for asking.
20. What did you do after graduation? Went to college to become a DJ. I learned a lot about sex, drugs and rock ‘n roll. Now college I would do all over again.
21. What year did you graduate? I graduated from high school in 1969.
22. Who was your Senior Prom Date? Leslie McGuire. The evening is kind of a blur for some reason.
23. Are you going/did you go to your 10 year reunion? Yes, I went. Both of us who attended had a grand time.