Saturdays on the WTIT Tape Radio Blog, we do a meme that called “Saturday 8”. A woman named “Lola” posts the questions. All quotes in bold are from Lola. Also, any spelling and grammar mistakes that are in Lola’s meme, we leave there. We wouldn’t want to mess around with her “art”.
Alas, I am Lola’s least favorite participant. I am a little “rough” on her at times. I can’t really understand why she hates my participation. Other than the fact we have noticed that Lola hates almost everything. It is very possible that Lola just does not really understand the concept of “humor”. I wrote her once to help explain. She obviously was still not amused. And today she is talking about personality. Perhaps it is because she needs one. I am SO sure she will provide insight. Let the games begin!
1. when was the last time a person was able to make you very happy (non-sexually, ahem) and what did that person do to make you smile? “Ahem” yourself. My friend Jake let me cut in line at the movies circa 1965. Was that fun!
2. when was the last time that a person seriously pissed you off and what did they do? Lola, you piss me off. Each and every Saturday. Last week you did not post and did not tell us until 4PM. This week you posted so late I finished tomorrow’s post already. Geez, Lola. I made you are star. Don’t make me send you back to oblivion.
3. when was the last time an individual made you know that your were loved beyond a shadow of a doubt, and how did they show it? Everybody loves me and they call hourly to let me know. But now that I think of it, they always call collect. What could that mean?
4. when was the last time an individual guaranteed (via action or words) that they would never care about you again? When I called up an ex-wife to wish her a “happy birthday”. She said, “This was a REALLY bad idea.” Surprisingly, I never called her again.
5. do you still care about that person, even a little bit? One does not care about ex-wives. The best I can muster is indifference.
6. when was the last time that an individual totally did something that absolutely confused you, and what was it? Sorry, but I’d have to say you Lola. You not only confuse me, you also scare me. You don’t carry firearms do you?
7. when was the last time a person made you feel ‘sexy,’ and how did they accomplish that? I think it was when I heard “Break over” and then we “ahemed”.
8. when was the last time someone made you question your belief system(s), and how did you react? How could I have more than one belief system? I don’t think I’ve said this before, but Lola you are a moron. People never challenge my beliefs. No one could possibly care about my opinion on anything.
Be sure to check out Mimi Lennox’s “Comeback Challenge” at Dating Profile of the Day. Today and every weekend. You have till Monday at midnight to enter.
That is that for Lola for another seven days. The WTIT Tape Radio Blog will return with our feature “Sunday Stealing” tomorrow. If you cannot find anything better to do, join us.
After a radio, nightclub and television career of over 25 years,we still write and perform comedy with essentially the same group of guys that we started with over 50 years ago. We began as WTIT: Tape Radio and have kept the moniker ever since. We did comedy using this "WTIT Tape Radio" station as the backdrop. it is also a journal of a group of friends done in a radio morning show format playing the music of the era. We have every recording. We interviewed our girlfriends before “The Prom” or whatever. We shared growing up, getting married and having kids on WTIT. Later it was stories of divorces, new wives or girlfriends and grandchildren.
If you’re here for a laugh, we hope you enjoy your visit. If you’re here because of a cosmic accident where all of the web except this blog has gone, then we simply apologize. To learn more about WTIT visit WTIT.net. (View my