Saturdays on the WTIT Tape Radio Blog, we do a meme that called “Saturday 8”. A woman named “Lola” posts the questions. All quotes in bold are from Lola. Also, any spelling and grammar mistakes that are in Lola’s meme, we leave there. We wouldn’t want to mess around with her “art”.
Alas, I am Lola’s least favorite participant. I am a little “rough” on her at times. I can’t really understand why she hates my participation. Other than the fact we have noticed that Lola hates almost everything. It is very possible that Lola just does not really understand the concept of “humor”. I wrote her once to help explain. She obviously was still not amused. Let the games begin!
1. are you currently married? No. As in: Never Again.
2. have you been married in the past, but are currently divorced from that person? Currently divorced as in you might marry them again? No. But yes I did divorce my wives. One at a time. Permanently, as opposed to “currently”.
3. when was the last wedding you attended? My son Ben and his wife were married in May of last year.
4. have you ever been a groomsman or in a bridal party? I have never heard of this term “groomsman”. I assume it’s either an usher or best man. So my answer is yes to both things. But just because I’ve got experience, Lola, do not plan on asking me to be one at yours. (P.S. Couldn’t this question just say “bridal party”?)
5. do you support same-gender marriages?why or why not? Yes. The “why” is that I am not a homophobic moron. All people should have the same rights.
6. what was the most fun you’ve ever had at a wedding? They all blur into one, really. I really always feel so sorry for the groom I want to throw things. Except at my kid’s weddings. They were happy couples.
7. what’s been the worst experience you’ve ever had at a wedding? Hands down it was being the groom.
8. have you ever made a complete fool out of yourself at a wedding, due to alcohol or other influences? Does making out with the bride for ten minutes count? How about “objecting” because a bride was too ugly for a friend to marry? Does mooning the bride’s family count? Does getting caught naked with two bridesmaids count? Get back to me and then I’ll decide. Oh and there was no liquor or “other” influences involved. Well, maybe a couple of drinks…
We got through Sat-8 without calling Lola an idiot or moron! It has to be a first on the WTIT Tape Radio Blog. Tomorrow is April 1st and we will do our monthly WTIT Instant Blog Recap for March. Our “Sunday Stealing” will appear on Monday. We hope you took notes on all of this. Join us on your Sunday.
Same time. Same blog. Goodnight, Lola!
After a radio, nightclub and television career of over 25 years,we still write and perform comedy with essentially the same group of guys that we started with over 50 years ago. We began as WTIT: Tape Radio and have kept the moniker ever since. We did comedy using this "WTIT Tape Radio" station as the backdrop. it is also a journal of a group of friends done in a radio morning show format playing the music of the era. We have every recording. We interviewed our girlfriends before “The Prom” or whatever. We shared growing up, getting married and having kids on WTIT. Later it was stories of divorces, new wives or girlfriends and grandchildren.
If you’re here for a laugh, we hope you enjoy your visit. If you’re here because of a cosmic accident where all of the web except this blog has gone, then we simply apologize. To learn more about WTIT visit WTIT.net. (View my