Welcome to Day 6 on the WTIT Tape Radio Blog for a Wednesday from North Carolina. Last night Mimi and I went out with her friend Carla and her husband Joe. We first had cocktails and appetizers at their house. This couple could not have been better hosts and were great fun with terrific senses of humor. Both work at a local university. (Banister State?) He teaches piano and she vocals at the college level. What was particularly interesting was that they worked together for 15 years without really knowing each other. After they both suffered their respective divorces, they got together. An interesting love story, don’t you think?
Today I thought I’d try a new meme. Normally I would post my answers to Mimi Lenox’s challenge, but I am retiring from it. One set of dating profiles (We do our “Dating Profiles of the Week” every Friday.) a week is enough. But I’ll need a bit of time to design a feature to replace it. And for that matter our “American Idol” reports, as well. Check out Big Leather Couch for his review of AI. It’s great!
This meme is called “The Dirty 30”, although not much is “dirty”. Let us give it a go!
1. In two words, explain what ended your last relationship. No chest.
2. When was the last time you shaved your legs? The next time will be the first. Although I do have great legs, I’ll keep them whole.
3. What were you doing this morning at 8am? I was either sleeping, since I am on vacation or listening to my girlfriend crashing into things as she was hurrying to get into work. We were up late for a school night. But do not ask why and I will tell you no lies.
4. What were you doing 15 minutes ago? I was writing an essay on the five things that would solve world hunger, aids, war and George W. It was a fairly long yet rewarding adventure.
5. Are you any good at math? Why, do you need some help with your tax return?
6. Your prom night? We (my date and friends-all WTIT DJs) stayed about twenty minutes. We went to a crazy party with lots of alcohol. We even lived!
7. Do you have any famous relatives? My Dad is national recording artist Bierne Fever. My son James is in the James Austin Band that just earned their first gold record. My daughter Heather won a Tony for the Broadway Version of “Playing for Time” by Arthur Miller. My son Ben’s latest film is being directed by Ron Howard. Watch for it. It’s called, “Notting Hill II: The Rage and Glory.” My daughter Jules just joined Fleetwood Mac. She’s replacing Christie McVie. My girlfriend is the Queen of Blogginham Palace. . And you?
8. Have you ever taken out a loan to pay for school? That I actually paid? No. Don’t tell ANYONE where I am, I am begging you!
9. Do you know the words to your MySpace song? Since WTIT only posts comedy on MySpace, that would be tough. I do know every word to “American Pie”. Care to listen?
10. Last thing u received in the mail? My draft notice in 1972. I do not get a lot of mail.
11. How many different beverages have you drank today? So far two. A half quart of oil and ten gallons of gasoline. Holy shit! I put all my Smirnoff in my car!
13. Who did you lose your virginity to? I am saving my virginity for my next wife. Now, you are not at all surprised that all my former wives divorced me.
14. Do you draw your name in the sand when you go to the beach? No. I usual just write, “FUCK OFF”. But that is just me.
15. What’s the most painful dental procedure you’ve had? None yet. But is that fun? Any recomendations?
16. What is out your back door? My mini-zoo. A tiger, two lions and a lot of pythons.
18. Do you like the ocean? I don’t know. Does it like me?
19. Have you ever received one of those big tins of 3 different kinds of popcorn for Christmas? No. Cuz people know I would shoot them for that. Not that I am THAT violent. Don’t tell my parole officer where I am either, OK?
20. Have you ever been to a planetarium? I own one. It’s next to my zoo.
22. Something you are excited about? My trip to NC. I can’t joke about this one. It is my best vacation in 13 years!
23. What is your favorite flavor of JELLO? I only eat Jello if it is Jello shots. I usually don’t give a shit what flavor a shot is.
24. Are any of your great-grandparents still alive? Yes, four of them. They are each 140 years old. I should visit that home we keep them in, but they got cranky around turning 138.
25. Describe your keychain? It is round, It has keys on it. Did Lola write this question?
26. Where do you keep your change? I usually change in the dark. I do that in my bedroom. Odd question.
27. When was the last time you spoke in front of a large group? This morning. Throngs of people await my blessing every morning. Not as many as the Nazi Pope, but a lot.
28. What kind of winter coat do you have? A warm one.
29. What do you think of the person you copied this from? That she’d look better with her clothes on in that profile pic.
30. Do you sleep with the door to your room open or closed? Open. I love surprises while I sleep.
I tag YOU to try the Dirty 30! As Porky used to say, “That’s all folks!” We hoped you enjoyed our twisted meme today. Join the WTIT Tape Radio Blog tomorrow for more fun and games. Same time. Same blog. Day 7 from NC!