In this space on Saturdays I do the meme from Saturday 8. A woman named “Lola” posts the questions. There are only a few of us who participate every Saturday. Lola has been posting for years. She never comments on any of this. On our answers, on our participation, or even on why she actually has this site. It is the opposite of what bloggers usually do. All quotes in bold are from Lola.
Lola moved her site which is why she is thanking us for finding it. It was a challenge. We try not to pick on Lola. Sometimes, like today, it is impossible. Here we go!
sat8 :: the new year post!
if you’re here, you’ve successfully followed us from our old home. thanks for moving with us! (ok, me, since i’m the only one who posts)
1. new year’s plans? My plans include a romantic dinner at my place with a special lady. Or I am spending it to search for the Saddam “hanging video” on the internet. It is a difficult choice.
2. i don’t do new year’s resolutions, but i think that we all look forward to doing something differently in the new year. what will you do in 2007 that you didn’t do in 2006? Lola, this makes no sense even for you. No resolutions, but plans to do something differently? Stop the denial. You make resolutions and just don’t call them that. My only resolution is to be nicer to you. Did you like the Christmas stocking with your name on it?
3. in the past 24 hours, i have reconnected with 3 old friends that i’ve not spoken to in years. if you could reconnect with someone from your past who would it be, and why? I’d reunited every WTIT DJ that ever taped with us. Or maybe my high school fling Sylvia Rentalot. My guess is she’s still always available.
4. i live my life not regretting anything … or at least try not to regret anything that i’ve done, and look at life as a learning experience. do you have anything that you would have not done/done differently in 2006 as you look back? First let me comment that while it is brave of you to share your philosophy of life, I am not sure it was a wise move. “looking at life as a learning experience” is just WAY too radical. As far as what I should have done: I should have won the lottery. Perhaps this weekend.
5. going back to my ex-friends that i reconnected with, one of them REALLY let me down as she chose a guy over our friendship. she wrote to me that she would think back over these past 14 years and kick herself, and wonder what had happened to me? do you have someone that you wronged/wronged you and wonder where they are? what happened to that friendship? Your friend “kicked herself and wondered what happened to Lola”? If she’d read your Saturday 8 blog, she would at least know that you did not become a serious writer. Also, I might add, I am not surprised that she choose the guy. Now what was the question?
6. one of the other ex-friends is an ex-boyfriend that i had when i was 16. he cheated on me when i was 17, and then i ‘got over it’ and we had a cordial non-friendship. i’m married and he’s married, so i don’t have any problem talking with him as there is NO chance at stirring up any old flames. if you had a chance to reconnect with an ex, who would it be, and why? or would you let sleeping “dogs” lie? Oh. Married people don’t cheat? What is a “cordial non-friendship”? Honestly, Lola: You didn’t proof read this today, did you? I reconnect with ex’s a lot. Generally it comes with a court order to knock off the stalking.
7. i’m eating to join a weight-loss study. that’s right … i’m about 10 lbs. shy of the weight goal and am actually porking out this coming week as i get free vitamins/supplements, a free registered dietician for two years, and i also get $600/mo. to participate for two years. i’m VERY tall (over 5’9″), so this is going to be difficult! i’m gaining 10 lbs. to lose my original goal of 20 lbs., which will now be 30 lbs. (hey, i want to get back into a size 6 after being a size 10 for a few years!). to gain those 10 lbs., what do you suggest that i eat? any “fun” fattening foods that i should try? This isn’t a question, it is a novel. Lola, you are in need of serious therapy. I often say “You can’t make this shit up. It has to happen to you.” Porking out so you can lose the weight? That’s like “fucking for virginty”! As far as what you should eat: The manual that gave you this incredibly stupid idea.
happy new year … be safe, and i’ll see you next week 10lbs. heavier! See you then, fatso.
That’s about as damage as I can do this Saturday. We will return tomorrow with WTIT Tape Radio: The Blog’s “Dating Profiles of the Week!” I hope you are enjoy your weekend as much as I am!!!