I told you yesterday I’d have a lot to complain about today. It is my birthday. Truly a depressing day. The pictures of the celebs share the day with me. Quite the cream of the crop, don’t you think?
I know I have done than my share of memes lately but I knew Saturday8 would have a good one. Now in my attempt to answer these questions I will warn you: Don’t try this at home. While I am not a professional, I do use a net.
sat8 :: you say it’s your birthday
1. as you get older, are you jazzed about your birthday? Yes, that’s my usual reaction. Hey wow! A year older. I particular enjoy years the end with”0”. Or a “5”, that is fun too.
2. do people usually remember your birthday? No. That is why I have started a “write-in” campaign to make it a national holiday. So far I have two signitures, mine and a certain Debbie0415 from Match.com. When your own Mom forgets it, it is bad.
3. an ex-coworker used to begin 3 mos. before her birthday flat-out reminding us that it was coming up. it’s amazing what no self-esteem does for you. anyway, do you know anyone who pre-announces their birthdays? No, but I know a lot who pre-announce their sex life.
4. what was your best birthday? why? The year my girlfriend brought home a beautiful girlfriend to help us celebrate.
5. what was your worst birthday? why? The next year when she announced that was leaving me for her beautiful girlfriend.
6. name your best birthday gift. How about the most unusual? Today my 82 year-old father called with my present. It was a woman’s phone number he met last night. After he bragged about me she gave him her number. I now have her number. She is either the most desperate woman in New England or my father is a great salesman.
7. name the best birthday gift you’ve gotten for someone else. I think when I agreed to stop stalking my ex-girlfriend. She said it was the best thing ever!
8. as i age, i value SLEEP as a priceless commodity.i didn’t get any for my birthday, however. what do you want this year for your birthday? Don’t bother me now, I am trying to get some sleep.
Sorry for the self-indulgent post today. But if you can’t have fun on your birthday and at your own expense, when can you? My birthday present from Mimi Lenox was a full post on her Profile of the Day blog of our winning her “Challenge”. We will get back to just our normal nonsense tomorrow. You won’t want to miss that one. Oh and what am I doing tonight? I have nothing to report. I think I’ll wait for my best offer. Which may be me and the Tivo. We will see…
Thanks for stopping by today.
Your Birthdate: November 3
You are more than a big ball of nothing – you are a big ball of absolutely nothing. You are always on the go, but that is because normal people keep throwing you out. Instead of channeling your energy into work, you instead go for great sex and adventure. Neither witty nor verbal, you cannot have an interesting conversation with anyone.
Your strength: Your larger than life imagination. You actually think anyone gives a shit about you.
After a radio, nightclub and television career of over 25 years,we still write and perform comedy with essentially the same group of guys that we started with over 50 years ago. We began as WTIT: Tape Radio and have kept the moniker ever since. We did comedy using this "WTIT Tape Radio" station as the backdrop. it is also a journal of a group of friends done in a radio morning show format playing the music of the era. We have every recording. We interviewed our girlfriends before “The Prom” or whatever. We shared growing up, getting married and having kids on WTIT. Later it was stories of divorces, new wives or girlfriends and grandchildren.
If you’re here for a laugh, we hope you enjoy your visit. If you’re here because of a cosmic accident where all of the web except this blog has gone, then we simply apologize. To learn more about WTIT visit WTIT.net. (View my