It is here at last. November 30th. It is the last day of NaBloPoMo or as they say it in Hartford, “National Blog Posting Month.” All we needed to do was post an original blog every day for thirty days. We made it!!! It was a bit harder than I expected. The WTIT Tape Radio Blog has been posting daily for a long time now. However, we do occasional repeats and if we miss a day—who cares? I’ve stated often that doing a humor blog is a bit different then say, blogging about your pregnancy. (But I will concede actually having the baby is more difficult than say, writing a humor blog.) The important thing is that I used no repeats and did not miss a day of November. Probably my long time readers barely noticed the difference.
Let’s recap the month. Here is what motivated me writing the WTIT Blog:
1. “The Last Time”. We had a meme left from our “Saturday 8” meme.
“when was the last time you bought something for someone else, and what was it? I bought a hooker for my cousin Vito, who was getting married. Unfortunately, I sent her a week late. It was not in good taste, I found out, to send a prostitute to somebody’s wedding night.”
2. “Waiting to Complain”. We lasted a whole day before complaining about NaBloPoMo!
“John Kerry has gotta shut up and go away. You lost. We voted for you. But now you are like that guy who shows up at the party and doesn’t know when to leave. “Dude, can you go so my wife and can get to bed?” He answers, “Do you have the fixings for deli sandwiches?” (True story).”
“what was your best birthday? why? The year my girlfriend brought home a beautiful girlfriend to help us celebrate. what was your worst birthday? why? The next year when she announced that was leaving me for her beautiful girlfriend.”
4. “When Laura Became Lola” A Saturday for the Saturday 8 meme.
“The world might end without a decent post on this blog. Oh, wait. If that were true we already would all be dead.”
5. “Top 10 Reasons United Artists Hired Tom Cruise”
“Mel Gibson was in rehab.”
6. “Which Paris Hilton factoid Surprises You (Most)?
“Her parents didn’t mind the X Rated video because it “launched” her. (Now if we figure how to crash that rocket, we will have something.)”
7. “Dona Nobis Pacem” Mimi Lenox’s INCREDIBLE Peace Globe Day.
8. “The Next Day”
“Britney Spears is getting divorced. I should have seen THAT coming.”
9. “What is WTIT and Why Do You Do This” Bazza asked. We answered.
“Click on “Listen to WTIT Comedy”. Although, to be honest, I wouldn’t recommend you do that. We are not all that good.”
10. “Bud’s Law: Law 19”
Always borrow from pessimists. They will never expect it back.
11. “Hodgepodge” A Saturday 8 meme.
“do you have any leftover hallowe’en candy in your abode right now? Why, are you hungry?”
12. “With Apologies to Miss Lenox” Our first “Dating Profiles of the Week”.
“Click On Me …” And then beat me, whip me and make me feel cheap.
13. “Accidents Happen” Denise Richards tosses laptops.
“She hit both a 90 and an 81 year-old woman. The ladies did not press charges. That was only because they both died.”
14. “Top 10 Reasons I Posted Late Today”
“I did not find any Smirnoff until 6:30.”
15. “I Fought the Bug and the Bug Won”.
“This is one the few bad times to live alone. I can’t ask: “Honey can you go the store for me?”
16. “You Have the Right to Remain Silent”
“Cop: “Did you steal the intellectual property of one said Gale Martin to write your blog today?”Bud: “Sure. But I credited her.”Cop: “If you robbed a bank, would you think an IOU would help?”Bud: “Not exactly…”
17. “Pushing the Envelope.”
“ He thought the whole thing involved with Debbie0415 was, his words, “Brilliant.” That is because he didn’t get this letter from her attorney. I received it today, certified mail.”
18. “Morbidity” A Saturday 8 meme.
“God am I glad I am not one of your kids. You want a tomb, perhaps something in a used pyramid. Trust me, the kids won’t be coming around to “chat” to a fucking wall.”
19. “Saving the Best for Last” A “Dating Profiles of the Week”.
“I don’t really want perfection. Then I won’t disappoint.”
20. “Performing Music and Riding Motorcycles” A Mimi Lenox “Big Challenge.” We won.
““I sometimes perform music and ride my motorcycle for fun” Boy I imagine that draws a crowd. Hey everyone here comes the yodeling biker again!”
21. “Bud’s Laws: Law 52”
The customer who pays the least complains the most.
22. “The One I Drink on Thanksgiving”
Customer: I am looking for that wine.
Bud: Which wine?
Customer: The one I drink on Thanksgiving.
23. “So Where Are You Spending Thanksgiving?”
“My daughter and her husband go to a different relative they hate each and every year. They bring the kids. Then they poison the folks and steal anything that isn’t tied down.”
24. “Welcome Back” Cat Stevens returns as Yusuf.
“He is also talking about a tour. Trust me, if it comes to the northeast, I will be there.”
25. Tryptophan Highs, Baby A Saturday 8 meme.
“did you take a “turkey nap” on thursday? No. I did take a two-hour nap, but it was alcohol induced. You are denial blaming the poor turkey.”
26. “If You Must Have Babies…” A “Dating Profiles of the Week”.
My smile lights up the room. It is a shame that your personality then clears the room.
27. “Looking for the Other Half” A Mimi Lenox “Big Challenge”. We lost.
“I love to watch a good movie while cudding on the couch.” Then it is lucky that I am a cow. Movie & cudding? It doesn’t get better than that.
28. “He Does Change the Sheets At Least” Pamela and Kid Rock split up.
“Now Tommy had one gorgeous giant genital package. Trust me it takes days just to see it all! After all that kielbasa, who just wants a cocktail frank?”
29. “Mimi’s Meme on Mimi’s Birthday”.
MIMI!!! Where is question 98!!??
30. NaBloPoMo: 30 Posts in 30 Days