Every Saturday I attempt to answer eight questions from a meme titled Saturday 8. I usually do a pretty horrible job with it. This week for some reason, there are not new questions on the site. After a little review, searching for a substitute meme and such, we decided to just go back and use the newest of Laura’s memes that appeared before we started the WTIT Tape Radio version of this train wreck. Since on WTIT Tape Radio our slogan is, “WTIT: Where Your Friends Are” these questions also seemed appropriate.
This week’s questions:
sat-8 :: the friend edition!
1. do you make friends easily? Extremely easily. Although I usually have to actually pay them to be my friend.
2. do you have many close friends? No. I am not rich enough to pay a lot of people.
3. tell us about your oldest friend. Oldest? Fred Chukwheel. He’s 87. He’s in a home and is so forgetful now that I don’t have to pay him anymore. When we visit he always says, “Oh. It’s you again. Pay me first or go away.” I usually convince him that last week I paid him for this week. We still have great times.
4. tell us about your newest friend. Her name is Debbie0415. I haven’t actually met her, so I haven’t had to pay her yet. She does write the sweetest emails.
5. do you hang out with your friends often, or just occasionally when you can find time? Neither. People will only see me when they have absolutely no other alternative. Other than Fred, I think I last hung out with a friend for a half-hour last April.
6. what’s the furthest you’ve travelled to visit (or vacation with, etc.) a friend? Living in northern Connecticut, I once convinced a friend to go all the way to southern Massachusetts. About seven miles away. What an adventure that was!!
7. what’s the biggest or best thing a friend has ever done for you? Every once in a blue moon we split the check at a bar. Since I usually pay them to go with me, I pick up the check as well. But when they pay half, I get all warm and tingly!
8. what’s the worst or most hurtful thing that a friend (or an ex-friend) has done to you? Once a guy named Rich Litelpeker orgainized a meeting of all my friends. I was not included. It turned out they met because they all wanted to charge me more and formed a union of sorts.
That’s it for this week’s Saturday 8. I think I did an even worse job that last week. I didn’t think that that was possible. Thanks for dropping by on your Saturday. If you ever need a friend, email me. I’ll send you back my lists of what I’ll pay you.