- I happened to watch a clip of Dick Cheney on “The Daily Show” last night. I had read what he had to say about Joe Lieberman losing to Ned Lamont in my state’s (Connecticut) Democratic Primary. When I read that he said that voting for a candidate like Lamont was a vote to let the “Terrorists Win” I had a couple of thoughts at the time and a couple of more after seeing the clip.
- After all this time I have failed to understand what the hell the invasion of Iraq has to do with terrorists. We went in there to find Weapons of Mass Destruction. How did that work out?
- Did we forget that we are looking for Bin Laden? How may caves could there be?
- Why is it that if you are “against a war” you are always declared “un-American”? Weren’t we a nation that was built on dissent and revolution?
- Why does Cheney always talk out of the side of his mouth? And while I am at it, has he shot anymore hunter friends lately? And get them to APOLOGIZE for being “in the way”? Am I the only one to think alcohol was involved and that is why Cheney did not report the incident until the next morning?
- Cheney talks about “aiding the ‘terrorists’” the way Joe McCarthy talked about “aiding the communists”. A witch-hunt could soon be around the corner, except that I pray; we are smarter now and more sophisticated than we were in the 1950’s.
End this goddamn war. Release illegally held citizens. Impeach Bush. End this national nightmare. And support our troupes. They are doing the best they can in an impossible situation. I know for a “humor” blog I wasn’t very funny today. But, alas, war is not funny. And Dick Cheney and George Bush are downright scary.