1. Would you rather be the guest or the host? The host. That’s what I’ve done all these years. My friends don’t come over to be radio stars, they come because we’re so close we just have drinks and tell stories. Sure, we still write comedy, but that’s not the focus. It’s all about treating your guests right. I must be. They’ve come back for over 55 years. But it all ends soon. I’m planning the last recording will be in May. Not that those who visit me won’t record, we would. So I’m calling it “The Last CT Tape Show”. (This picture was taken while we were recording The 50th Anniversary Show – it hasn’t been published before)
2. What do you like to wear when you feel fancy? The WTIT thong. Women still ask for those pics of me.
3. How often do you try something completely new? Not typically. That’s why I said “yes” to moving to Phoenix.
4. Do you enjoy weddings? Not mine. Not one. (Of three)
5. Have you ever had something customized? In the 1980s, I had two different WTIT Studios custom-built. Never saw much difference and after 1990 I never customized the studio again.
6. Do you cook spontaneously or meal plan? I really don’t cook much. I do a great breakfast. But that’s about it. I’ve tried. I cannot cook.
7. Books you like to read over and over None. I read hours a day at my computer, but my ADHD makes it too hard to concentrate on a novel.
8. What are you really good at? I’m a great family guy and great friend. My third wife once said that I was the most moral man that she ever met. I do not believe it was a compliment. Her last move before the fucking divorce? Borrowing $600. I was an idiot. I will never see it back…
9. Do you sleep with windows open or a fan on? Usually the windows are closed, except for those perfect nights. In New England, the heat starts late September and can go through April. By June, it’s the A/C. When I get to Phoenix it will be A/C except for a couple of months in the winter when a day could be as low as 55. But even in January, I enjoyed 73 degree days.
10. What is the easiest recipe you know? Eggs, bacon, hash browns seasoned to perfection (You can ask The Queen on that one) & rye toast.
11. Are you comfortable starting conversation with strangers? Yes. Anytime I’m in a line, I’m usually the one who gets people talking.
12. Do you prefer quiet, or ambient noise when you relax? I like music on unless I’m watching TV.
13. Who is your most adventurous or exciting friend? In high school and college, I’d say it was Galloping Gary. After it was Johnnie Walker and later Harvey Wallbanger. What I’d give to have one more conversation with Johnnie…
14. What do you eat when you can’t decide what to eat? Breakfast. (See a trend here?)
15. Do you have any funny pet stories? No.
That’s all for the Tape Radio Blog for this weekend. We made both memes! It’s been a while. But it’s good to be back. We’ve all been friends for a very long time. Let’s do it again! Same time. Same blog,